AddThis offers several different analytics reports to help you understand how your visitors are sharing your content. An initial Entry Page summarizes data for all available domains, and allows you to select a site for which to view the reports below. Please note that this entry page is bypassed if you have data for only one domain. The following reports are available for a given domain:
- Summary Report: displays highlights from all available reports
- Content Trends: compares all content that has been shared
- Content Details: provides detailed information about a particular page
- Audience Trends: reports on who visits your site, how influential they are, their intent-behaviors such as searches as well as general interests
- Service Trends: compares sharing services and destinations
- Service Details: provides detailed information about how visitors use a particular service such as Facebook
- Geography Trends: compares sharing across countries
- Country Details: provides detailed information about sharing within a given country
- Live View: watch how visitors engage with your content in real-time
Let's take a closer look at each of the available reports.
The Analytics Summary report shows how many times users have shared your content in specific ways, for a selected time period. Sections include views of daily sharing, top content, top services, and geographic information about your shared content.
The Summary also introduces Audience analytics such as searches that brought your audience to your site, and a breakdown of your audience into sharers, influential sharers, and people who click back from those shares. These features help you better understand who is sharing your content, and what they care about.
This report shows which pages are being shared most frequently, and which are bringing the most traffic back to your site by tracking Clicks and Viral Lift. Click on any page to dive deeper into Content Details.
This report takes a closer look at a particular page, how it is being shared and how much traffic it is bringing back to your site. Discover what referring domains and search keywords brought your audience to this page, as well as Retweets and people who "Liked" this page on Facebook.
To view this report, visit Content Trends and select a page to explore.
Ever wondered how large your audience of sharers is? What interests them not just on your site, but across the Internet?
The Audience Trends report measures the number of visitors who interacted with your site: sharers, influencers – those whose shares drive back traffic – and the new visitors who clicked on those shared links.
The Top Interests chart displays what interests each audience most across their web experiences, and how your site's unique blend of audience interests compares to the average site in the AddThis network.
Some interests that are unusually high might be expected – for instance, a large Computers & Technology audience interested in a blog about Social Media. Other interests skewing high or low might be more unexpected, and provide insight into audience interests of which a publisher was unaware.
This 360 degree portrait of each audience can provide insights into content strategy, advertising targeting and many other important decisions that publishers make every day.
The Services report explores to which destinations visitors are sharing content: which services are most popular? How many pages were shared to Facebook? How did this information change over time?
This report also helps publishers understand which services are bringing the most traffic back – their "viral lift" – and summarizes services by category, providing insights into which categories of destinations are are performing best for that particular site.
Take a closer look at a particular service such as Facebook or Twitter, how your users are sharing, and how successfully that service is bringing traffic back – it's "viral lift". Learn what content was shared to this service, in which countries it's most popular, and more.
To view this report, visit Service Trends and select a services to explore.
The Geography report helps you understand who is viewing and sharing your content, by location. How many pages were shared from North America, Europe, etc? How did this information change over time? And now, for the first time, publishers can dive into a country to learn more with the new Country Details report.
Discover how shares and clicks back to your site grow over time in a particular country. What content was shared there? Which sharing destinations are most popular?
To view this report, visit Geography Trends and select a country to explore.
This report provides a look at what’s happening right now, across your site or for a specific page, including:
- A map showing where people are engaging with your site
- A list of your top content based on shares, traffic back to your site, and more
- Your viewers’ interests, and what they’re saying about your content on Twitter
The Live View also introduces new types of information:
- Searches: How many searches are bringing traffic to your site? What are your visitors looking for?
- Text copy tracking: Text that visitors copy can help you understand what they found interesting, and whether these keywords align with your search meta-data to help maximize SEO. Learn more