We are frequently asked by publishers if they can self host and/or cache the AddThis code on their site.
The answer is yes but, keep in mind that:
- We cache our code on multiple global CDNs. So, the code is distributed world wide and download speeds are fast.
- Most of the time, the code (and associated assets like images) are already cached in the user's browser. AddThis is used by over 78% of the US Internet. And, most of your user's are probably repeat visitors, so virtually all of the time, the user already has all of the code and the assets cached in their browser.
If you still want to self host or cache the code you may do so in accordance with the following terms:
- You will create an AddThis account and we will provide you with a URL from which you may load the code.
- You will refresh the code on a regular basis (at least once every 24 hours) to allow us to provide updates and bug fixes.
- You will not change, alter, or modify the code for the AddThis button in any way.
- You will agree with our Terms of Service Code Caching Policy.
Please submit this form to request code caching (registration required).